Birkbeck, University of London
Birkbeck is a world-class research and teaching institution, a vibrant centre of academic excellence and London's only specialist provider of evening higher education.
We encourage applications from students without traditional qualifications and we have a wide range of programmes to suit every entry level. Our academic reputation also attracts many
full-time postgraduate students.
Recognised as a global elite university, Birkbeck is ranked among the top 150 universities in the world in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2011. Over 90 per cent of Birkbeck academics are research-active and many are renowned experts in their fields. In the most recent Research Assessment Exercise (RAE 2008), Birkbeck ranked in the top 25 per cent of UK multi-faculty institutions. Birkbeck is recognised for providing the highest quality teaching that is informed by our outstanding research excellence. Birkbeck College has been consistently ranked number one in the National Student Surveys. 18,000 students study with us every year. They join a community that is as diverse and cosmopolitan as London's population.
- the serious academic culture of a world-class university
- prestigious University of London qualifications
- flexible evening teaching
- inspirational teaching by research-active academics
- a diverse, highly motivated, supportive and stimulating peer group
- exceptional funding for those in need.